Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 122

August 13
Today we learned about shower trailers.  I don't care if it was in a trailer, I was just glad it was a real shower.  Even if they did limit everyone to 5 minutes each.  I think the shower monitor was impressed that I got myself and both my kids through the shower inside the 5 minute limit.
After showers I had to run into town for more groceries with Charlie.  We also gave the cook from a neighboring Club with us because they flew so they didn't have a car.  We towed our wagon behind the golf cart they used to give us a ride to the south entrance. It was awesome! Especially coming back full of groceries. I don't know if anyone else has had sturdy enough wagons to do that.
It was lunchtime by the time we got back and we knew while we were at the store we workshop have time to prepare a meal when we got back,  so I called ahead and ordered some pizza that we picked up after shopping. When we pulled up with the groceries, I hopped off the golf cart and went quickly (I can't say I ran) into the kitchen area of camp. "Did somebody order a pizza?" The kids didn't know we were bringing it back so I got quite a reception! They all cheered enthusiastically.
The girls both had to show me all the pins they had traded for this morning. They both have some really neat ones, I but the one I think I like best is  one from the Mentone, Ca Club.  How could I not? That was my club when I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment