Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 127

August 18
Today we drove.  Nothing new. Nothing exciting.  Just Lincoln, Nebraska to Rawlins, Wyoming.  We hit a hail storm at one point. There was a rainbow behind us when we got all the way through, and it was low! It must have been something to do with the curvature of the earth,  I don't know.  We stopped to check on the trailer vents and took advantage of the stop to take a couple pictures.  I was rather disappointed that I took a picture of the rainbow and no sooner did I put my phone down and start to turn back to the car than a lightning bolt shot down right next to the rainbow!
The tiny (35 member) church in Rawlins treated us to a lovely homemade meal of vege-chili dogs,  potato salad,  cucumbers, tomatoes,  pasta alfredo, and more! We sure appreciate all the churches and schools who put us up on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment