Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 15

I work from home as a medical biller for two local clinics owned by one Family Nurse Practitioner. Each clinic creates a "batch" for me to enter each day. A batch consists of all the payments from insurance companies or private patients that arrive in that day's mail, as well as the charge slips for each patient seen that day. I enter the payments and new charges and send out bills to the insurance companies and statements to the patients. You can see the black clips that bundle each batch together.

Recently we had a problem with a doctor not turning in her charge slips at the end of every day and the batches piled up as we waited for her charges. Is it any wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed these days?


6 comments:

  1. oh man!! that looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang woman. no wonder. I tell ya.. peeps dont realize the stress they put on others when they procrastinate.. o.O um, excuse me.. I need to go do an expense report...
    *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why couldn't you put through the payments/statements for everyone BUT that one doctor? And why did the office let them do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just wrong. I hope you don't stress yourself out too much with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is so unfair!

    ReplyDelete